Early Academic Outreach's mission is to increase the number of low-income, underrepresented, and first-generation college-bound students who aspire toward and are eligible to enroll in a university degree program. Our current programs and services rely on a diverse set of funding sources that range from state dollars, to industry donations, grant funding, K-12 educational partnerships and individual/family donations.
Please consider donating and know that your gift today will help current K-12 students and their families aspire, plan, and eventually apply to college! If you are interested in donating to a specific initiative, please mention the specific initiative in the "Comments" section of the giving page.
In the 2016-2017 academic year, individual/family donations have made the following programs possible:
- Algebra Academy - sixty 8th grade students participated in a 120-hour summer program focused on learning math through hands-on, small group projects that apply algebra to the real world. Students walked away with 1.0 unit of high school elective credit and a graphing calculator.
- College Academy for Parents' Tucson Indian Center (TIC) Partnership - Native American families were engaged in a 10-week series of workshops for families of high school students served by the Tucson Indian Center.
- College Knowledge for Counselors - This year over 120 educators gathered for a 1-day professional development conference that helps middle school and high school educators build upon the college-going culture of Arizona's schools and communities.
- Cubs to Wildcats - Current UA students venture into middle schools across the state to share with students and families the plan for college.
- MESA - sixty middle and high school math and science teachers received STEM kits that provide them with resources to engage their students in a variety of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics majors and career paths.
- Scholarships - Early Academic Outreach will be awarding scholarships to participants in our college access initiatives due to a generous gift from the Morgan Family Foundation.
We know there are lots of giving options, please know that we will use your gift responsibly to more widely open the door to college for our youth. Thank you!